Armed Predator over Illinois?

16.05.12

Categorie: Air, David Axe, Robots |
Tags: , , ,

As pointed out by David Cenciotti, here’s a video apparently showing an ARMED MQ-1 Predator drone flying near Chicago. Could be real. Could be fake.

If real, is it part of security ops ahead of this month’s NATO summit? Who knows. But again, if real, this is a big, big deal. Armed Predators are the main weapon in the shadowy U.S. counter-terror campaigns in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Somalia and Yemen.

Fly them over government weapons ranges, sure. But they have no place over U.S. cities.

7 Responses to “Armed Predator over Illinois?”

1. Jimmy says:

Looks fake to me

I’m inclined to agree.

3. Jimmy says:

Ok, so why did you put it up?

Because I’m not sure. Cenciotti seems to think it’s real. And if it is real, it’s a really big deal. So I posted it with the warning that I don’t know if it’s authentic. Viewers can decide for themselves.

5. Vittorio Vespa says:

Cenciotti lacks credibility.

6. hiro says:

i think it was the right move to post it, but i think you should have expressed some serious skepticism in the headline. it appears fake in the video(from the pixels and seeing a few shoops in my time), and there does not appear to be any rational reason for the military or any other agency to deploy it. why would it need to be armed? what possible purpose could an armed predator serve other than an air strike? the pentagon my not have much pr ability, but even they would know how significant an armed drone would be. also, if they were going to do surveillance around the conference, they would use pc-12s or another plane from the liberty program.

i think its a great clip, and brings up some interesting questions, but fake, and should not be given any credibility.

I DID express skepticism several times in the post.