New Photos Reveal Chinese Stealth Fighter-Bomber

29.12.10

Categorie: Air, China, David Axe |

J-20. Via Chinese Internet

J-20. Via Chinese Internet.

The latest leaked photos depicting China’s stealth-fighter prototype reveal a large, heavy aircraft, likely optimized for long-range strike missions. “[T]his looks not unlike a stealth F-111,” Bill Sweetman commented at Ares.

J-20. Via Chinese Internet

J-20. Via Chinese Internet.

15 Responses to “New Photos Reveal Chinese Stealth Fighter-Bomber”

1. Prestwick says:

Looks bloody huge!!

2. eomdal says:

“[T]his looks not unlike a stealth F-111,” Bill Sweetman commented at Ares.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the F-111 something of a curse to USAF?

At first, yes, but it matured into a very fine bomber.

4. Ronald Wong says:

Actually it doesn’t look that big…certainly not as bulky as the F-111, which I used to observe regularly when it operated from the UK. What the limited views here do remind me of is Sukhoi’s experimental Berkut…with stealth features added. Of course the canard Berkut had unique forward-swept wings…and it’s not clear from these pics what the wing shape is.
    Ronald

5. The chineese are copy cats are are steath is better US!

6. Ted in Vegas says:

Stealth F-111? Me thinks this Bill Sweetman has his planes confused.

The F-111 Aardvark was a LARGE, long-distance fighter-bomber with variable-geometry wings. The F-117 Nighthawk was the STEALTH fighter-bomber and wasn’t really all THAT large.

7. Josh Guilbert says:

Finally,I guess they didnt like our F-22 design lol.BTW guys the F-111 was probably the best fighter bomber at its time.

But this chinese plane will lack a few things:Low production rating,Crappy avionics,bad pilots,and poor production

8. kevin mahaney says:

The rear control surfaces look interesting(almost flimsy).The leading edge of the wings look like they have some kind of reversed speed brake?(slow speed air combat?rapid deceleration maybe)The engines look big too,maybe for a fighter/bomber role.Or meant to carry large missles.Is there such a thing as a stealth missle?

9. Justin says:

Anyone else see the size of the main landing gear? Aren’t the Chinese also working on a aircraft carrier?

10. Matt says:

I will intercept then 1400 km out of Hainan with 180 JSF coming out of Singapore.

11. Lex says:

Even how stealthy your aircraft it will still go down on stingers because of unpredictable asymmetric warfare. Remember Afghanistan you cant stop Taliban. It will still be stalemate if China, Russia, USA fights.

12. momard folkh says:

see & wait the next

13. Jenni says:

Good day! This is my 1st comment here so I just
    wanted to give a quick shout out and say I really enjoy
    reading your articles. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thanks a lot!

14. Kenneth says:

Awesome things here. I’m very glad to peer your post. Thanks a lot and I am looking forward to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

15. Marilynn says:

Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes which will make the greatest changes.
    Many thanks for sharing!