24.02.09

Categorie: Reality Check |

Invade fewer countries.

6 Responses to “Axe’s Number-One Proposal for Saving U.S. Defense Dollars in Light of the Global Economic Crisis”

1. Matt Bors says:

On the contrary, if we invade MORE countries, we can all get jobs on the bomber assembly lines!

2. Scathsealgaire says:

@ Matt Bors

Sure that will create more jobs, but the problem of course is paying for those jobs. If I was a factory owner short of money, I would outsource to mexico or indonesia to make those bombs cheaper. That way my profits would be increased.

The other problem with you scenario is of course who pays for all these extra bombs? The US taxpayer, but the Modern bombs cost more than the taxes created by the additional workers, so in fact bomb building is a money pit (taxpayer wise).

The obvious solution is to get rid of all those expensive smart bombs and go back to WWII era carpet bombing, it is more tax-efficient, as the cost less than the taxes created by the additional workers. In effect the bombs pay for themselves.

Do not believe a work I have just said.

3. Scathsealgaire says:

Do not believe a word I have just said.

Damn I hate typing when tired. You spot the mistakes, only after you hit send it.

4. madtom says:

Even better, and much cheaper, all we need is fewer enemies. Better yet, no enemies. We could save 500 billion a year and the total cost of all wars. Why haven’t they ever thought of this before?

We could always outsource the jobs to the same countries we were bombing. That would save lots as there would be very cheap labor.

5. Jim says:

We do need to invade more countries. The British Empire needs to be…an Empire again.

6. scathsealgaire says: